• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Chester
More or less in line

Jimi Hendrix, Rainbow Bridge concert

#188685 2 years, 1 month ago
Rainbow Bridge is a 1972 film directed by Chuck Wein that features footage from a Jimi Hendrix concert, and a short piece of conversation between Pat Hartley, Wein and Hendrix. It was mainly financed by Hendrix manager Mike Jeffery, hence his appearance. The film is about Pat Hartley's "spiritual awakening" via a visit to the 'Rainbow Bridge' planetary meditation cult on Maui, where, as part of the proceedings Jimi Hendrix visits to play a concert during a 'Rainbow Bridge' mass meditation/colour/sound "experiment". The "Rainbow Bridge" concert was a free concert by Jimi Hendrix that was held on July 30, 1970, in a horse pasture above Seabury Hall, on the "Upcountry" slopes of Haleakala, the volcano that makes up 75% of the island of Maui, Hawaii, although it probably last erupted in the 17th century, it is officially considered as being active.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, 6StringRider, Griff
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jimi Hendrix, Rainbow Bridge concert

#188722 2 years, 1 month ago
I remember this film. It was very popular on the arthouse circuit back in the 70s. Some of the finest Hendrix around.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 6StringRider
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#188806 2 years, 1 month ago
great concert; i first saw the movie as a kid on late night local TV. more recently, i read about the making of the movie in Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love and Its Quest to Spread Peace, Love, and Acid to the World by Nicholas Schou. a good read.
BrotherhoodofEternalLove
Fresh Boarder

#189839 2 years, 1 month ago
Hay Howdy a few moments of your time please.
Leslie Potts turned on Jimmy to LSD in 64 at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach CA.
Mike Hynson chased Jimmy around to do the movie.
I have the Aquarian Flag from the Zodiac around the stage.
I have 2 Rainbow Surf Boards
The Brotherhood was on the FBI most wanted list and some had to hide out in the tent on the right of the stage with the Big Afghany Hookah
Jimmy was down for his first set and Spaghetti gave him a hit of DMT check out the 2nd set. He was in the Flow.

We had a Coffee Gallery in Pasadena called the Euphoria with my partners Bob Thomas And Buddy Morgan in 65.
Bob Did the Deads Art logos and the Bear was making his first Acid . We tried it out.
I started booking bands to play and Long John And Jerry came down and blew some Tibetan horns.

40 of us got busted at the Euphoria on TV and News papers for interfering with a Police office. I asked a plain clothes cop for a donation they had a Bus and the press out side.
Buddy and I were given a choice, cut our hair and probation or 6 months in the county jail
I was just back from Combat in the first offense in Viet Nam and told them who they thought they were telling to cut his hair? A Psychedelic Ranger?

Buddy went to jail.
I went to Haight Ashbury as a fugitive for riding a freight train and not cutting my hair.
The Brotherhood was just Forming at that time at the French Quarters in Anaheim where the original Brotherhood came from. I ran into them in the 7th grade at John C. Fremont JR High 1957 Anaheim Ca. home of Disneyland
There were a few of us fugitives hiding out from the the first snitches Vallalah Ashbrook from Anaheim in San Francisco

We started the Aquarian Temple ans studied to become ministers with the Universal Life Church.
724 Waller St and Stanyon was our Temple and I became Chris Wheat the 1st Hippie Ministers in the Haight in the Newspapers and TV also Look and Life interviewed us.

With the Book Orange Sunshine out a few of the facts have surfaced. But whats been did and whats been did?

Yea we hung out with Jimmy, on mescaline, played some tunes and surfed.
A great Time and a message to turn on to self realization organic health happy life that is so widely spread Now.
How this all came about?
check this out Brothers and Sisters to see where the whole show came from and who paied for it.

peaceout
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, skidoo
Chester
More or less in line

#189848 2 years, 1 month ago
Cool stuff man. Thank you for that. And welcome to the board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#190852 2 years, 1 month ago
i apologize for diverting the tone of the original thread post.....but more interesting stories from Bobby BEL for a Sunday Morning
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Jimi Hendrix appreciation thread

#236730 1 year, 8 months ago
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds