• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Deleting my account if i can

#826 3 years, 5 months ago
I tried last night and got an error message , love my zoners but this place sucks bad

Take Care
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

Re: Deleting my account if i can

#831 3 years, 5 months ago
See you in the zone!
toad
Junior Boarder

#843 3 years, 5 months ago
Give it time it is a new board. Seems they have made major improvements in a 24 hour period. I too miss the pz but this place isn't that bad.
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
Keyshawnsucks
Fresh Boarder

#855 3 years, 5 months ago
Well, what goes around, comes around.
The ridiculous nonsense that was allowed to proliferate The Zone, and was not only condoned by the administration's on hands and online representative, but freely participated, has now come to roost.
As an almost 11 year veteran of The Zone, whether it is reinstated for discussion purposes, or not...I couldn't care less as I have a singular post since February 14th, 2011.
The Zone was once a GREAT electronic gathering place to discuss the music, politics, sports, and general societal issues.
It has turned into a cesspool of people who THINK they emulate the "Pranksters", but really are no more than assinine court jesters.
"The Rise and Fall of the Philzone Empire".
'Tis a shame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deliadelion
toad
Junior Boarder

#858 3 years, 5 months ago
I wouldn't go that far Key. But I agree the Tim Scumdog scene gets old.
brightday
Junior Boarder

#861 3 years, 5 months ago
Well, I couldn't get on yesterday after spending hours (felt like) registering, but it's working fine now.

I love the philzone, but personally I'm not nimble enough to keep up with the repartee' that goes on there. Seems like the sharp blades come out at the slightest provocation.... I did grow up with three brothers but I STILL don't have what it takes to be a real zoner (online type). I'm too literal, or something. I can never tell when people are kidding? If that's what happens there?

Yah, the zone is just a message board.... I know.... but still. My skin is thin. And that's not always a bad thing, either. Usually I kinda like having thin skin. Just not when people are "joking"/[meanly] and calling each other "gay" as an insult.... whatever that's about....

FUBAR
Junior Boarder

#864 3 years, 5 months ago
I know exactly where your coming from
toad
Junior Boarder

#866 3 years, 5 months ago
Well Ive spent 10 years on the zone and it feels like home. You definitely need to be sharp tongued, thick skinned and quick witted to survive there. But that is what I like about it.
Dan-o
Fresh Boarder

#874 3 years, 5 months ago
A goodbye cruel Furthur board already???? LMFAO!!!!

While I'll agree with most that this board has been way to slow it hasn't been that bad for me... Things could have been handled differently but being they are providing this free along with the Zone... suck it up and deal... Go outside.. hang with your friends/family.. step away from the computer and enjoy life!!! Maybe it's because I was connecting from my droid (I think it's linux based???) or maybe its that I don't HAVE to be LOCKED into a discussion board 24/7....

The only people I feel sorry for are the Hep C phreaks... but I'm sure they're smart enough to connect with each other in different ways or at different places..

and for what its worth this board is loading just fine for me on my pc now.... Maybe they installed a program that makes it run s-l-o-w for the people who bitch and moan....
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#877 3 years, 5 months ago
bless this place already for being somewhere that honest criticism of the crankiness and nastiness of the philzone can be made without the usual pile-on of anti-woman , anti-gay and recently anti-kid rants! i hope all you sour people get the zone back asap, so you can quit pissing all over this place for being willing to stand up for maintaining basic civility...

and extra thanks to keyshawn for so accurately describing the source of the zone's downfall!
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by mandala.
Time to create page: 1.39 seconds