• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: An honest question for Phil/Jill from the Midwest

#10492 3 years ago
FWiW

Midwest got a monster tour with a cool backdrop made by Courtenay Pollack last fall. We west coasters had an amazing late summer tour. (Too bad I had to work.) And we had nye. I am gonna quit my whining and hope I can coordinate my schedule and go to at least a few shows in september/october. Saving my miles for a flight to Denver, perhaps.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#10513 3 years ago
shoreline hasnt sold out yet has it?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#10517 3 years ago
the highway terror wrote:
dont forget Ohio this summer phil !
Buckeye Lake, Blossom, even the LC Pavillion if ya gotta !
we need our Furthur too !

I agree 100% Allgood is going to be the closest thing to Ohio, probably the only show a lot of us will be able to make it to. Ohio has a plethora of wonderful venues, as well as a huge population of kind fans, not to mention a central location in the Great Lakes region. My responsibilities, and Im sure those of others, wont allow us to go to the coast very often, I try to make it ti NYC as much as possible, but sheesh! That being said, I am grateful that there are any dates at all, and I love you guys, the recent shows Ive been to and bought on CD are amazing, I'm just sure that there are a lot of us who are afraid that we might not be able to make it to another show before the world ends!
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#10518 3 years ago
And thank you Okie for bringing this up!
Yourboylex
Fresh Boarder

#10546 3 years ago
It just comes down to money they just don't have a big draw there..... Why play 6 midwest dates in different states instead of playin 6 nights in NYC where phil just goes to his place and relaxes .... It's all bout the cash!!!!
Yourboylex
Fresh Boarder

#10547 3 years ago
East Coast + $20 more per ticket!
Bobs Beard
Fresh Boarder

#10555 3 years ago
In response to a previous post: If Furthur played a 2,100 capacity venue in Chicago for a week, such as they did at the best Buy in NY, there is no doubt they would sell out instantly. Weak sauce?
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#10563 3 years ago
It's no secret that the Grateful Dead and Furthur have always liked being in California and New York. The older they get, the more they're gonna do exactly what THEY want to do. We still have no reason to be mad at them after all they've given us.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#10565 3 years ago
I live in the east and was surprise to see the extended stay but must say I'm just glad to see that they are still going strong. There could be any number of reasons why they are staying close by but I'm sure you will get some more fall/winter dates especially going into NYE
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#10567 3 years ago
maybe they feel better with two mountain chains in between them and radioactive japan...
but most likely its about the money and NY has got it.
can't really blame them
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds